Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sick Day #3


Well, so far this week has been interesting. He has had a temp at this point for 60 hours. I guess even when it is as high as 103.4 the doctor doesn't want to see him until it has been 3 consecutive nights with a high temp. Well, we have had 2 nights so far with a high temp I guess, then we get to have his blood drawn if we have one more. Am I full of good news or what, I can't help but feel sorry for my little peanut because his whole world is upside down. Last night he woke up every 3 hours with a temp or a temp breaking or like what woke him up this am pain. His I-teeth are coming through, they have broken on at least 2 so far. If we are lucky it is the teeth causing all of this and not some nasty bacterial infection but who knows if we will ever know. I guess being a nurse I want to know what could make some precious innocent little guy so miserable!!!
The good news is that I got my cuddle time with him over the past two days and today is number three. I couldn't bear to go to work and think about my little guy all day and how miserable he is.
Another funny story..... Donny and I had him outside for 1 minute on Tuesday and Donny was watering the trees and he picked up the hose and looked at us and said "I DID THAT"!!! and he has been saying it ever since. It was clear as day, wow three words in a row already, be ready for the funny phrases he comes up with to start showing up on the blog as titles or something. I am in for it I am sure!!
Here are a few pictures of our little guy lounging around with a pillow and two of his blankets in the living room. I thought I would get him to lay down next too me, but that doesn't work, he ONLY sleeps in his bed!!







No comments:

Post a Comment