Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Potty Training!!!

Potty training Brayden has been a roller coaster to say the least!! He has been going potty on the potty for quite a while when HE WANTS TO at least!! But we have been talking about it alot more lately and decided that 1. He has to be potty trained before we go to Disneyland and 2. Candy is not going to work for bribery. So we told me he was not getting any more toys till he was trying to get potty trained at least. This morning we woke up and went potty right away and put on big boy underwear and have had them on ever since!! We went 4 hours going potty about every hour (which was a huge upgrade from every 10 minutes like he was doing) and even went to McDonalds for lunch with daddy and then to Target to pick up a few things I needed!! No accidents!! He is not necessarily telling me he needs to go but is no longer refusing to go to the potty at least!! I figure if he goes every hour we shouldn't have an accident. After we got home he did start to poop in his underwear and got really upset!! We walked to the potty finished going potty and the poor kid was heart broken!! We talked about it a little bit and he wanted to go so bad in the potty that is why he was crying!!
While we were at Target he picked out a new CARS toy that he wants and told me "Later tonight we will need to come back and get my new toy for pottying in the potty all day" "I a big boy mama"!!!
That was hard to hear from my little baby for sure!!!
Hopefully soon I will be done with diapers and my little guy will need to be called a big boy!! Not quite ready to call it quits yet, but time will tell!!





No comments:

Post a Comment