Sunday, June 26, 2011

Watch out, Mr. Independent coming through........

Only once you are a mom can you believe how fast infants and toddlers change (I only know the first 13 months, so I am sure I have more to learn), but I now know and believe that babies change by the hour. I watch Brayden and see something constantly that he can do that he couldn't do yesterday or even earlier that day. He is becoming quite the little Mr. Independent lately. He wants to walk around the stores and go where he wants to go, he wants to play outside all the time and do what he wants to do. The only time we have control is on walks. He enjoys being outside so much when he is in the stroller or his car he just hangs out.
This morning I did something I never thought I would do, but he wanted to be in the bathtub all by himself for the first time. So we put just a little water in, more than we wanted to because he knows how to turn it on and let him sit in there like a big boy. He enjoyed being all by himself!! He played and played!!
We went to my mom and dad's yesterday and after we left Brayden started saying "Gra-ma" just out of no where!!!
He is no longer afraid of the grass, and runs all around without shoes on even!! He crawls all over the dog and plays with him outside throwing his tennis balls for him!! He yells "NO MO MO" all the time, just like Mommy and Daddy does. OOOOOOOpps!
Donny and I started saying words to him at night and just keep repeating them until he says them back and he is doing really well with it. He won't really let us read books to him but will at least let us flip through the pages sometimes and point out one or two things!!
We got his 1 year picture proofs today and they turned out soooo cute, just like the rest. I have been looking forward to these ones because now I will get a coffee table book with all of my favorite pictures from his first year of pictures. These pictures make him look all grown up, it brought tears to my eyes to flip through them because I can't believe he is growing up to such a little man already!!













No comments:

Post a Comment