Thursday, March 31, 2011

First Sick MD Visit

Croup!!! I never knew what croup really was much more than knowing that I was put in the hospital as a child at least. Brayden woke up at 2am Monday morning with a cough that lasted only about 10 seconds then he went back to bed. I got up and went to work as usual. Well, that lasted through the meeting that I really needed to be at and then I went to pick him up from daycare and took him to the doctors office. The doctor said he had croup and that he needed Albuterol and cough medicine with codeine. We picked them and got them started so we did not allow the croup to pass to his lungs. Monday night was rough he was shaking like a leaf from the Albuterol, a known side effect, but it was not allowing him to sleep more than 1 hour at a time which meant mommy got hardly no sleep at all. I was so worried about him. We went back to the doctor on Tuesday and started Xopenex nebs and we have been on an uphill climb ever since. He is feeling so much better. He learned to say Quack from him duck mask on the nebulizer even.
This week he learned how to open cabinets and drawers. So leave it to mommy when cleaning out the drawers of stuff he shouldn't have she placed fun things like ribbon on a roll for him to find. It kept him quiet for at least 5 minutes. It was all over but fun for him. I took some pictures with the progression once he figured out what it could do.
He is also dancing now. It is adorable. He puts his arms up in the air and bounces his upper body!! I can't get enough of it.










No comments:

Post a Comment