Thursday, April 18, 2013

What a sweetie!!

This week started for us on Monday with the Boston Marathon Bombing. It created lots of discussion at work and I realized that I was so lucky and happy to not have to explain all of this to Brayden. Everyone had heard of one way or another to explain to their kids, and it got me thinking how refreshing my little guy really is. He has a picture in his head of everyone helping others. He tells me often "that I am nurse and work at a hospital to help people". He loves fireman, policeman.... and anytime he sees them he quickly tells me "Look he is helping people"! We see cars pulled over by the cops and he says "mommy look that policeman helping people!!" How much more refreshing can it get. It made me think about needing to assure that I teach him that all of these people are helping us even if it is giving us a ticket!?! If we could all view the world from my little guys eyes maybe it would be a better place.
Then on Wednesday I came down with something, that turned out to be strep throat, and before daddy got home I was feeling pretty miserable he brought me a tissue to help me feel better. Then he told me he got me flowers at the store, when I went into the kitchen it was the flowers that my mom had made me in a pot!! The thought was so sweet!! When I told him I was sick, he picked up my phone and called grandma, he said anyway, and said "My mommy sick and we need you now hurry hurry, thanks bye" He is so sweet, and loves his mommy so much!! Hopefully he stays like this forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment