Monday, November 5, 2012

Almost 2 and 1/2?!?!

I have mixed feelings about this milestone, like I have with many others I am sure you are all thinking!! He is just getting so big and I am not sure I am ready for it!! I am trying I promise!!! He is now having conversations with us telling us exactly what he wants including "I don't want that" and "Go Away, leave me alone" which if you ask my parents they say I deserve!! It is so hard for me not to laugh at him because he is becoming so independent!! He is finally telling me when he is hungry and what he would like to eat, which is nice but includes only a few standard items like chicken nuggets and pizza, or cookies!! 
He lets the dog outside by himself now and lets him back in when he is ready. He is wearing big boy underwear on mommy's days off at home, but still wears diapers when we leave the house. He needs a lot of potty offering still but is doing pretty good for as strong minded as he is. We will be buying pull ups when we are low on diapers and see what he thinks of those.
He now remembers things that happened throughout the day and tells us about them when we ask about his day, sometimes it is hard to tell what happened but we have to start somewhere!!
He is currently obsessed with monster trucks, he took 2 of his from grandma's house, which he is not suppose to do, and they were in hands for 2 whole days till we took hers back and had to get a few of our own. He is able to negotiate a little with these days so that is making things easier!!
He is still not liking his big boy bed, and would much prefer sleeping with mommy and daddy!! (We kind of like having him close by, but we have not been sleeping well)
He is blowing his own nose these days, instead of crying he goes into the bathroom gets toilet paper, blows his nose, and then flushes it down the toilet. Then he comes running out needing to wash his hands quick!!! He is a little obessive about washing his hands and probably washes them about 50 times per day!!
I love all of these stages, but it makes me realize that he really is growing up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment