Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sick with words and feelings....

Makes for a extra sick little guy and a sad mommy!! I took Brayden to the doctor yesterday because he was complaining of a sore throat, was a real challenge to get to drink, and had a temp at one point or felt hot like he had a temp but wouldn't register as a temp with a thermometer. I called the office because he was exposed to strep throat at school and of course knowing what can come from an untreated strep infection I was nervous, also recently having it for myself I didn't want him to feel that way. This time I didn't tell him we were going to the doctor because I was unsure of how he would react and as we were driving there he told me stop by "Dr. GOOwami's office to make him feel better"! When we got out of the car Dr. Goswami was leaving because he was not feeling well and Brayden was really upset that "My doctor gone who gonna make me better now". I explained there was another doctor and to my surprise he was happy to hear that. He couldn't wait to see her and asked her "Make me feel better please doctor". She swabbed his throat and everything changed, he puked all over me and him and the room after gagging. Then he was upset  because he made a mess. He was so sad and looked and sounded so desperate the office called me today to make sure he was feeling better. Thank goodness this resilient little guy is almost back to normal. Definitely full of energy and completely opposite of yesterday. He laid in bed with mommy all but a few hours of the day yesterday and told he spent most of the day playing with daddy!! Funny how a day can change things! I learned that I need to adjust to a 3 year old being sick and being able to communicate what is wrong. What a change a sick 3 year compared to a 2 year old. I am hoping for a full speedy recovery!!!
 
Here is a family picture from the shoot we had right before we realized he was sick!! He is even adorable when sick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment